TouchnoteApril 13, 2023
What to BringApril 13, 2023
- This is NOT a hike or a workout. It is a slow intentional walk in nature with activities built in to help you more fully connect with nature.
- Our walks take place outdoors and you will be walking on pathways and uneven ground.
- You won’t go very far, often only a mile or less. It’s about being here, not getting there.
- Check the weather forecast before heading out so you know what to wear and what to expect. Make sure you are prepared for the conditions.
- The walk will only be cancelled in the event of dangerous or severe weather, such as lightning storm, hail, high winds or driving rain/snow.
- Eat before so you won’t be distracted by hunger.
- Leave your electronic devices at home or in your car. You can bring your phones on the walk, but you will be asked to turn them off or put them in airplane/silent mode and keep them in your pocket or pack.
- Leave pets at home. While they are great to bring on a workout or hike, caring for them on a forest bathing walk detracts from the experience for yourself and others.
- Each walk is unique and every participant will get something different out of the walk.
- There is no one right way to go about this experience.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in the way that works for you. You can engage in all or just some of the connection activities the guide introduces.